Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tip #19

Prioritize your relationship.

It's easy to fall into a routine and to assume that your relationship will wait for you.

I have a nasty habit of taking my relationship for granted sometimes. My effort and attention wanes, and then I find myself surprised when my relationship is suffering. Your relationship, like your job and your bills and your health, needs to be your number one priority sometimes.

A healthy relationship needs a steady supply of love, consideration, and time allotted just for it. A stretch of inattentiveness does a fair amount of damage and could lead to a teary fight or even the end of your relationship.

I suppose a relationship is much like a beloved pet dog. You wouldn't go a few weeks without feeding your dog or giving him exercise or paying attention to its well-being, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment